You may access the following forms to assist us with your care. Please print and fill out the following forms, then bring them to your appointment. Please also remember to bring your insurance card, photo ID, and the amount of co-pay in the form of cash, check or credit card.
Patient Pre & Post Op Instructions:
- You will be contacted by a nurse to confirm your review your preoperative instructions.
- For colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures, follow your physician’s instructions.
- Notify your surgeon immediately if there are any changes in your health.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior to surgery.
- If you are taking medications for high blood pressure, diabetes or nervous disorders, contact your surgeon for additional instructions.
- If you have any questions concerning your procedure, please call our pre-admission department at (609) 689-4829.
The Morning of Surgery
- Please arrive on time with your photo ID and insurance card.
- Bathe or shower the morning of surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, lipstick, lotions, perfume, or nail polish.
- Wear loose fitting clothing that can be easily removed.
- Do not bring jewelry and valuables to the center; we are not responsible for lost items.
- Compile a list and bring the medications you are currently taking.
- Bring a written list of known allergies.
Prior to Surgery
- A signed surgical consent form will be obtained before surgery is performed.
- Minors must have a parent or legal guardian sign a consent form.
- Minors must have a parent or guardian present at all times.
- Your surgeon and the nurse caring for you in the recovery room will provide you with post-operative instructions regarding diet, rest and medication.
- Patients receiving anesthesia cannot leave the center unless they are under the supervision of a responsible adult.
- If you are receiving any sedation for your procedure, you are required by New Jersey state law to have someone drive you home.
- As per New Jersey state law, children below the age of eight or less than 80 pounds must be transported in a car seat.
- Patients using a taxi service must be accompanied by a family member or responsible party.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages, for at least 24 hours or while taking pain medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery, power tools, etc. for at least 24 hours.
- Do not sign legal documents or make critical decisions for at least 24 hours.
- Rest at home with light activity for 24 hours.
- Please have a responsible adult stay with you for at least the first 24 hours.
- A follow up phone call will be made to check on your condition. In the event of any problems after you are home, call your surgeon immediately.